Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Random Thought: Sports for Americans vs Europeans

This is just something that came through my mind while I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep. I was thinking about how in the US football is the #1 sport, but in the rest of the world it is predominantly soccer. On top of that I am also going to through basketball and baseball into the list for US tops sports. The idea that popped into my head is that maybe Americans prefer sports that have lots of stats attached to them. In basketball, football and baseball there are so many stats that are attributed to the game, in soccer it is just goals, sometimes assists, and yellow and red cards, plus with goalie saves and shots. This is just a thought and I am happy to hear feedback so feel free to leave some comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I think that half of the joy for Americans is the stats. More and more ways to see who is the best! Europeans treat their athletes like Gods. We treat them more like employees that had better perform. We'll know if they don't. We have the stats. We'll know if they're slipping up on any aspect of their play.

11:41 AM, November 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web site hit counter