Sunday, June 04, 2006

No More Suns


Well unfortunately the Suns just didn’t have enough in them to win game 6 against the Mavericks. They lost by the score of 102-93. The Suns run has ended unfortunately, but I had a lot of fun watching it. Nash gave it his all finishing with 19 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists. Dirk, on the other side, finished with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists.

Now I will show how my predictions went in comparison to actual events. Of course Keep in mind that I was incorrect in the pick that San Antonio would be in the Western Finals, instead it was Dallas, so not sure that the prediction makes any sense. As usual my predictions will be on the left and the actual record will be on the right.

Conference Finals
(3-4) [1] San Antonio Spurs (Reality Dallas Mavericks) vs. [2] Phoenix Suns (4-2)

Eastern Conference

Conference Finals
(4-1) [1] Detroit Pistons vs. [2] Miami Heat (2-4)

Clearly I wanted the Suns to be in the finals, but it wasn’t to be. I am not sure how interested in this series I am. It should still be fun to watch though. Both teams are making their finals debut as neither team has gotten this far before. I give the edge to Miami in this one, but I like Dirk and he can carry the team. There are reasons why I don’t want either team to win though. For Miami, I don’t want Gary Payton or Antoine Walker to ever win a championship. Walker just because he is an idiot, but Payton I used to like, but his flocking to Shaq to try to win him a championship bugs me and I hope he doesn’t. With Dallas I hate Mark Cuban the owner and hope that he never lifts the finals trophy because he is a jackass and Erick Dampier doesn’t deserve it either because he was good in a contract year with the Warriors and got a huge payday with Dallas where he does…absolutely nothing. He doesn’t even start anymore. He hasn’t even been playing for them much this playoffs. I do expect him to be playing in this series though since Dallas will need the big bodies to bang around with Shaq. So I guess we just have to see which evil prevails now.

Not sure that I will be posting updates on every game of the finals because I just don't care as much with the Suns being gone. So if you don't see posts don't b surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web site hit counter