Saturday, November 05, 2005

Updating the Warriors

I have been busy the last few days and I wasn't able to update to blog following the Warriors games, but that is what I am doing now. The first game of the season against the Atlanta Hawks saw the Warriors play horribly in the first half and dominate the second half to walk away with a 25 point victory. The Warriors got great contributions from Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy, Mickael Pietrus and Baron Davis before he got injured. The game was sloppy, but the Warriors are far superior to the Hawks and that is how the score line ended up at the finish of the game. Unfortunately the loss of Baron Davis is substantial, although it isn't supposed to be for a significant amount of time. Then yesterday the Warriors got their first real test of the season playing against a pretty good Utah Jazz team. To make the test harder they were without the services of Baron Davis and throughout the game it was evident that his services were dearly missed. The Warriors shot horribly and couldn't find ways to get themselves easy shots like Baron sets up for them. The Warriors ended up losing the game by 6 points I believe, but the effort level was there. Unfortunately the execution was not. Bright spots so far for the Warriors through the two games have been Richardson, Pietrus and Murphy. Surprises have been Chris Taft and Aaron Miles, and they have done it in limited minutes. These two rookies could help the Warriors this season, especially Miles who I believe is a better point guard option for the Warriors then Derek Fisher is.

Now let me address some fantasy basketball news. I sadly report that injuries have already hit me hard. Baron Davis as reported before will miss time, but is a game to game decision. Nene on the other hand wrecked his knee and he will miss the entire season. Since there was no reason to keep him on my team since he is getting me no production he has been replaced with Tim Thomas. Not my favorite player, but hopefully he can get me something. Well I guess that is it for now. The Warriors play tomorrow morning against the New York Knicks, so I should have an update tomorrow night as it pertains to that game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web site hit counter