Thursday, June 29, 2006

The 2006 NBA Draft


Well yesterday the NBA draft took place and the Warriors drafted themselves a pair of centers. With the ninth pick they chose Patrick O’ Bryant out of Bradley University. He is listed as 7’0” and 260 lbs. He was an interesting contrast to the midget commissioner David Stern when he went up to shake his hand. With the 38th pick the Warriors drafted Kosta Perovic out of Croatia. He is listed at 7’2” and 240 lbs.


I think I am happy with the picks. O’Bryant has a lot of potential and I think he will get a decent amount of playing time this year. The Warriors need help at Center more then anything and that is what they addressed. With Perovic I imagine he will be left over seas for another year or brought to the Development League. I don’t see him being ready to produce yet, but with a second round pick it was worth the gamble. He could turn out to be good in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web site hit counter