Monday, June 26, 2006

Greatest Game of the World Cup!!!


I haven’t written a blog in a while, mainly because I don’t have anything to talk about, but now I have something. I watched the greatest game of the World Cup so far the other day and I just had to mention it. Why was it so great? Was it because of great goals, or great plays or a determination by both teams not to lose? No!!! It was because I watched two teams with no discipline build up an animosity for each other that ended in a final score of 9-7. Ha ha ha, no that wasn’t the goals scored that was the yellow cards issued to each team, with Portugal winning that edge over the Netherlands. In case you were wondering the final score of the game was 1-0 in favor of Portugal, but that was the boring part. I enjoyed watching the players hit, kick and do everything they shouldn’t have done in order to see who could end up with the least players on the field. Two players from each team also accumulated two yellow cards in the match prompting the referee to issue them red cards. Yes folks this game ended 9 on 9.

Some people may say that this was the fault of the official or that he may have been card happy as many officials have been in this tournament, but that wasn’t the case. The official was giving out the cards to warn the players that their actions wouldn’t be tolerated, but they didn’t seem to care. In my opinion, all the cards issued were warranted. In fact, I believe there were a few cards that weren’t issued that should have been. Anyway, the game entertained me as I watched chaos on my TV screen. My only hope is that the World cup has more games like this so I can laugh my way through the entire 90 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web site hit counter