Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Refs Finally Do It


I am not going to blame the refs entirely for the Warriors losing there game tonight to the Chicago Bulls. The Warriors didn't help themselves by shooting extremely poorly in the second half. This is a game that the Warriors should have won. They relied on the jump shot way too much, but in the last half of the fourth quarter the refs missed some important calls that cost the Warriors the game. Derek Fisher got called for a foul on Ben Gordon that resulted in 3 free throws (all made) but Fisher got fouled by Chandler on a pick on his way to play defense which caused him to foul Gordon. There was also a hand-off from Chandler to Hinrich in which Chandler turned into Fisher (also a foul) which resulted in a lay-up. Lastly, the Troy Murphy was called for a foul on Michael Sweetney with 6.4 seconds left which resulted in 2 made free throws. I don't entirely disagree with the call, but on the ensuing possession for the Warriors I believe the very same thing happened to Jason Richardson, but this time without a foul. I would like to see consistency with the calls, that is all I ask. On a good note though, the game was fun to watch. Teams both played some decent defense and everyone was diving for loose balls. It is always good to see that kind of desire from the players. That is it for now. Next Warriors game at home versus the New York Knicks.

Now a side note on my fantasy teams. I dropped Antonio Daniels from my original team and replaced him with Jose Calderon of the Toronto Raptors. On my secondary team I dropped Mike Miller and replaced him with Deshawn Stevenson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web site hit counter